Monday, December 6, 2010

Have you ever wanted to turn time back and go to when you were 10?

I have been experiencing that a lot lately.  I remember being 10 and feeling like there were no limits.  My favorite childhood memories involve running on the beach in the surf with no worries and no fears and hiding in the trees across the street from my house in the little clearing in a grove of trees where I would play.  I remember dreaming that I would find the man of my dreams, my prince, and that my life would be perfect.  Dreaming isn’t quite as easy now as it was back then.  Life has managed to throw one too many curveballs my way and I am just not a great baseball player.

I think that all little girls dream that they will find a loving man, just like their daddy.  I wish that I could find that man.  I think that I am giving up trying for a while.  It’s time to take a break from men except for the 3 little ones that I love with all my heart.  My focus is going to be on the 3 little men that I have in my life and in teaching them to be the kind of men that a woman can depend on.  They will be the kind of man that a woman wants to have by her side and love for all eternity. 

Maybe its life that turns the positive happy little girl that you are at 10 into a jaded, hurt, angry, and tired woman. Or maybe it is the disappointments that we experience.  Or are they one in the same.  I wish that there was a way to experience life without all of the serious disappointments and to remain that happy, peaceful child that you were.   I know that this is an impossible prayer but it is what I am hoping for my children and for my niece and nephews.  I would love to be able to find a way to protect them from the bad experiences so that they can continue to believe that life is perfect and that the people that they love will never disappoint them.

No comments:

Post a Comment