Sunday, November 28, 2010

Am I more than just MOM?

Is it wrong to want to be more than just a mom?  Now don’t get me wrong I LOVE being a mom but there are times when you want to just be you.  Just to be the person that you were before you had kids.  To be that person that only has to worry about you...to be selfish for just a few hours.  To want to hide under your covers and feel sorry for yourself and not have to worry about getting up and taking care of anyone else. 

I experience what I flippantly refer to as “mommy guilt”.  I think that every mom experiences this on a somewhat regular basis.  You made a decision to have kids and it is a decision that you will never regret, because it was the absolute best decision of your life, but occasionally you wonder “what if…?” and then you feel guilty for wondering it.  It’s not like you don’t want kids or that you regret having them.  Sometimes you just wonder what your life would be like if you could do anything that you wanted to.

What do you think, is “mommy guilt” real and have you ever experienced it?

No comments:

Post a Comment