Saturday, November 20, 2010

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I have always loved this passage from the bible.  So much so that it is hanging all over my house in pictures.

Every time that I look at it now I get a little bit sad.  This passage was also a part of my wedding ceremony.  Now I have big gaps where pictures were on my walls, the littlest boy made me take down all the pictures that had my husband in them.  Now I am trying to figure out new pictures top hang in their place and I was considering taking the sayings down.  Last night I had a revelation though.  The passage doesn’t only refer to married couples it refers to the love between a parent and child as well.  Now I am thinking that I will use the sayings as a centerpiece for pictures of fun times with my boys.  Now I just have to find the best pictures of my boys having fun.  Maybe I can find some cute frames at the craft fair today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment