Thursday, November 25, 2010

“Strangers are just family you have yet to know”

Have you ever had the inability to sleep drive you crazy.  That is me today.  I didn’t fall asleep last night until about 11 pm and then the obnoxious, whiney, brat dog wakes me up at 5 am and I can’t fall back asleep.  Yes she is cute and I love her but why could she not have let me sleep even an hour longer. LOL

So I decided to just stay up and watch my latest Netflix movie, “The Five People You Meet In Heaven”.  This quote jumped out at me and made me realize that we are taught from a very young age that all strangers are bad.  Now don’t get me wrong I will continue to teach the young kids in my life that they should not speak to strangers but shouldn’t you also teach them that every stranger has the potential to be your next great friend because really what is a friend before you get to know them but a stranger.  But how do you walk the line between showing your kids how to be safe and how to be open to making new friends.  Wasn’t everyone in your life a stranger until you got to know them?

That is probably enough deep thoughts for this morning so everyone have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING and make a new friend :0)

2 comments:

  1. That is my favorite book!!! Hope you get to read it sometime :)

    Kate
    Peace&Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking about picking it up on my next trip to the library. I'm sure that the book is a ton better than the movie and I really liked the movie so the book should be a hit.

    ReplyDelete