Friday, November 26, 2010

The Horror that is Black Friday??? Are you sure???

So I ventured out today into the crowds what I thought would be long lines and crowds.  Mom and I started at about 9 am thinking that we would probably miss most of the really good deals but we would be able to get the ones that we really wanted. 


Instead what we discovered was a half empty Wal-Mart...with all of the good electronics deals still there in plenty...and no long checkout lines to go with them.  Then we proceeded to Target where again we were surprised with empty checkout lanes...and all of the deals still present in overabundance.  


By this point it is barely lunch time and I am in shock and half done with the shopping that I wanted to accomplish for the day.  Thinking that I was just getting lucky and the people had forgotten that it was Black Friday and they were supposed to be shopping I headed out to Sears and Bed, Bath, and Beyond only to discover that the lines were existent but still shorter than I have ever experienced on the day after Thanksgiving.


Today's experience has reinforced in my mind that our politicians have zero idea about what is really happening in our economy because if today is any indication we are still in a recession because NO ONE has a ton of extra money to go shopping even on the biggest shopping day of the year even to get the fantastic deals that are out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment